With all the fuel price hikes lately, and the rising costs of living, check out some of our Top tips to help you improve your fuel efficiency.
- Stick to the speed limit. Traffic lights should be timed to the speed limit, so driving faster would result in you having to stop at every one.
- When pulling off from a traffic light, accelerate smoothly (don’t put your foot flat) and keep an eye on the traffic and traffic lights ahead to avoid unnecessary breaking.
- Select the correct gear, change through the gears to the highest possible quickly, without harsh acceleration. Driving in lower gears or letting the engine labour in a low gear wastes fuel.
- Use cruise control on open highways – this helps your vehicle maintain a steady speed.
- Park in the shade to minimise evaporation of fuel and keep the interior of your car cooler in the hotter months.